Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Remote log files?

From: "Khai Doan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:12:52 -0700

For me, I wrote a simple script send_apache_log.pl, which read apache log 
files, print it to STDOUT, remember where it left off by writing to a file 
in /tmp.  I install this on the servers.  Then on my other workstation, I 
have another script collect_apache_log.pl, which run periodically via cron, 
that invoke the remote script via passwordless-ssh.  I am not a security 
expert, but this seems to be better than using syslog utility.

Khai

>From: "Charlie Davis" <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [users@httpd] Remote log files?
>Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:32:44 -0700
>
>Hey all,
>Is there anyway to setup apache 1.3.6 to send its log files to a remote
>server? Info to point me in the right direction would be fine. Google
>has been no help. :|
>
>Charlie Davis
>WebMaster
>2Wire, Inc.
>
>[email-masked]
>www.2Wire.com
>
>2Wire, Inc. Company Confidential. The information contained in this
>message may be privileged and/or confidential. If the reader of this
>message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
>responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
>are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
>this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
>communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
>message and deleting it from your computer.
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email-masked]
>    "   from the digest: [email-masked]
>For additional commands, e-mail: [email-masked]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email-masked]
   "   from the digest: [email-masked]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email-masked]