Subject: [users@httpd] bug? LogFormat "%{tid}P" gives wrong tid on Windows Server 2003

From: "DEBIN GAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 16:25:27 -0400

It seems that the access log with format "%{tid}P% gives the wrong thread id 
on my Windows Server 2003.  I have searched all the 250 threads created and 
couldn't find the thread id reported by the log.  (It seems that it always 
reports 820 or 824 on my machine.)  "%{pid}P" gives the correct process id 
though.  Could anyone confirm that this is a bug before I submit it?  
Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email-masked]
   "   from the digest: [email-masked]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: "DEBIN GAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:42:10 -0400

Anyone?  Could it be that the "thread id" reported by apache is not the 
thread id in my simple mind.

I record the thread id by my kernel driver using PsGetCurrentThreadId(), 
which reports a different number than the apache log "%{tid}P".  I also 
tried a 3rd party monitoring software (Process Explorer v10.11), which 
returns the same result as mine.  I have tried apache 2.2 on Windows Server 
2003, Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Home, and they all have the same 
problem.

>From: "DEBIN GAO" <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [users@httpd] bug? LogFormat "%{tid}P" gives wrong tid on Windows 
>Server 2003
>Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 16:25:27 -0400
>
>It seems that the access log with format "%{tid}P% gives the wrong thread 
>id on my Windows Server 2003.  I have searched all the 250 threads created 
>and couldn't find the thread id reported by the log.  (It seems that it 
>always reports 820 or 824 on my machine.)  "%{pid}P" gives the correct 
>process id though.  Could anyone confirm that this is a bug before I submit 
>it?  Thanks.
>
>
>